Happy Birthday to a great poet, Frank Samperi, May 19th, 2013


Happy 80th Birthday to my father, Frank Samperi. To a great poet and father who blessed us with his work and his spirit in this world and the other. May his works keep blessing us and the Frank Samperi community continue to grow in numbers.

Some other posts today from Conrad DiDiodato:

Today is Frank Samperi's birthday: he would have been 80. Samperi was a spiritual poet  who struggled for recognition in an era dominated by the Objectivists. I recently attended a Frank Samperi Tribute reading held at 'Beyond Baroque' in Venice Beach, California where daughter Claudia Samperi-Warren gathered a group of poets to read from Samperi's works. I am proud to join Claudia and Samperi readers everywhere in the effort to reintroduce this great poet's writings to the public.

    "Hapless, I shall take
my little bag of necessities and move closer
toward the ivory gate--"
                (from "Song Book")

And Skysill Press:



Thank you to all.
Claudia Samperi


Comments

  1. One of the greatest minds & deepest hearts I ever had the great fortune to call friend. wonderful poet. My generous teacher. Love. Leaf. Light.

    John Perlman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear John,
    Thank you so much for such a warm heart felt response!
    Frank was such a loving teacher and made me whom I am today.
    I was so blessed to have him for the 25 years of my life.

    I love the last three words: Love. Leaf. Light.

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts