Father and Daughter


Picture of my father and I on the terrace of our apt in NYC at Ave C, lower east side where we lived.
This apt was much better than the one before on 10th st between Ave A and Ave B.
That was a walk up and had mice and lots of cockroaches everywhere.

I had my own room at this apt and we were there for 10 years, through my High School years.
The second picture I believe is celebrating my graduation from Music and Art High School.
My mom and dad were a very handsome couple together.
I majored in Fine Art there and went off to SUNY Purchase and studied Art there as well.

Those were the best years. I studied Ballet at The Joffrey Ballet school in the city until I was 16 years old.
We were a family surrounded by music, poetry and studies.

Comments

  1. Claudia,

    the first picture recalls the following lines from "Morning and Evening":

    "Architectural pomposity: reflections of cars and pedes-/trians in the shop windows in the skyscrapers of maximum glass."

    I can now see a little of what poet Samperi saw. Thank you so much for sharing these with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts